Region 5 Carnival
When: 8 – 9 February 2020
Where: Sydney Academy of Sport, Narrabeen.
- Coronavirus: LANSW has requested that athletes who have recently returned from China do not attend Regionals as a precautionary measure. See this link for further information if required.
- Volunteers: Thank you to those who have signed up for a duty. However, we still have a few remaining duties that we need to cover – a Saturday TJ (approx. 9.30-11.00), 3 x Sunday HJ (8.00-10.00) and 2 x Sunday HJ (approx. 12.00-2.00). Thank you to Matt Whalan and John Limbers who are helping with the set up. Please sign up via this link if you haven’t done so already.
- HDLAC lanyard: As with Zone, parents will need to collect an HDLAC lanyard from the HDLAC Team Managers and have closed footwear. Times on the SignUp are approximate only for duties that align with a particular event.
- Event List: Attached below is the final event list with not before times for both track and field events. Please check this carefully as the times are not identical with the Zone Carnival. Note that first calls are at 7.30 and the first events begin at 8am at Regionals. Events may be called up to half an hour before the listed ‘Not Before Time’, so please arrive with plenty of time to warm up before marshalling.
- Uniforms: As with Zone, please ensure you have the full and correct HDLAC uniform, including number, age patch and Coles patch. The details on correct spikes are included on the information for competitors information. The HDLAC Regionals training shirt is for warm up only
- Results: These will be posted on the day and will also be available at http://www.littlearesults.com/region5
- Training: Regular training is available throughout the week and weekend, with more information available on the Training page.
- Other Information: HDLAC will have tents set up on the 100m track (as at Zone). Remember to bring chairs and plenty of food and drinks. Bring hats and plenty of sun cream, and wet weather gear if the weather looks poor. Narrabeen is an all-weather track so the Regional Carnival will continue even if there is rain.
Please see the documents below for information on event qualifiers, program times, information for competitors and a map of Narrabeen Track and Field.
For further information please see: https://lansw.com.au/regional-championships/